Varn Campaign World
The Painted Men are an offshoot of the tattooed monks (see: Morinea) who turned to mercenary practices.
- Supernatural Tattoos
- Code of conduct: lawful neutral, the mission always comes first
- Gender: Undecided. Possibly the male balance to Swanmay. (Literary references ahoy!)
Some levels: Tattoo
Some levels: Vow-equivalent bonus feats (for LN)
(A few levels blank, probably)
Full BAB, strong Fort, weak Ref/Will.
- Lawful Vow: +2 (perfection?) bonus on Concentration
- Vow of Obedience: +4 saves vs. charm/compulsion
- Vow of Chastity: +4 saves vs…I forget what.
The character is bound by the code before he gains the benefit.
- Lawful neutral
- BAB +5
- Improved Unarmed Strike
- Weapon Focus in a weapon which would benefit the band, or Craft Magic Arms And Armor
Maybe these guys are what Sidhe Dubh was about?
1: Code, tattoo (drawn from same list as Tattooed Monks)
2: Lawful Vow
5: Vow of Obedience
8: Vow of Chastity (okay, really? I forget why I picked this one…maybe Supreme Devotion proven to the band or something?)